If you are a beginner graphic designer or a non-designer trying to learn some practical graphic design tips, a set of useful graphic design tips can be very beneficial. This article can be helpful for you. Basically in this article I am going to answer some frequently asked question to solve your problems.
1. How to use content aware in photoshop?
Content-Aware is a feature in Photoshop that allows you to remove unwanted objects or fill in missing areas of an image by analyzing the surrounding pixels and creating new content that matches the original. Here’s how to use the Content-Aware feature in Photoshop:
- Open Photoshop and open the image you want to work with.
- Select the area you want to remove or fill in using any of the selection tools such as Lasso Tool, Magic Wand Tool or Marquee Tool.
- Right-click on the selected area and choose “Fill” from the context menu.
- In the Fill dialog box, select “Content-Aware” from the “Contents” drop-down menu.
- Click “OK” to apply the Content-Aware fill.
Alternatively, you can also use the Content-Aware feature with the Spot Healing Brush Tool or the Patch Tool:
- Select the Spot Healing Brush Tool or the Patch Tool from the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Use the tool to paint over the area you want to remove or fill in.
- Photoshop will analyze the surrounding pixels and create new content to fill in the selected area.
- Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the result.
Note that while the Content-Aware feature can be very useful, it may not always produce perfect results. You may need to experiment with different tools and settings to get the desired effect.
2. How to draw a straight line in photoshop?
To draw a straight line in Photoshop, follow these steps:
- Open Photoshop and create a new document or open an existing one.
- Select the “Line Tool” from the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen. If you can’t see it, it might be hidden under the “Shape Tool” group, so click and hold on the Shape Tool icon to reveal the other tools and select the Line Tool.
- Click and hold down the left mouse button where you want your line to begin.
- Drag the cursor to the end point of the line while holding down the “Shift” key. This will constrain the line to a straight angle.
- Release the mouse button to complete the line.
You can change the color, thickness, and other attributes of the line using the options bar at the top of the screen.
3. How to duplicate layer in photoshop?
To duplicate a layer in Photoshop, follow these steps:
- Open Photoshop and open the document with the layer you want to duplicate.
- Select the layer you want to duplicate in the Layers panel on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Right-click on the layer and select “Duplicate Layer” from the context menu. Alternatively, you can also go to the “Layer” menu at the top of the screen, select “Duplicate Layer” and click on it.
- In the Duplicate Layer dialog box, give the new layer a name if you want to change it, and choose the destination for the new layer from the “Document” drop-down menu.
- Click “OK” to create the duplicate layer.
You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+J (Windows) or Command+J (Mac) to duplicate the layer quickly.
4. How to exit full screen in photoshop?
To exit full screen mode in Photoshop, follow these steps:
- Look for the small button with two arrows pointing towards each other at the bottom-right corner of the Photoshop window. Alternatively, you can also press the “F” key on your keyboard to toggle full screen mode on and off.
- Click on the button or press the “F” key again to exit full screen mode.
Alternatively, you can also use the menu to exit full screen mode:
- Go to the “View” menu at the top of the screen.
- Select “Screen Mode”.
- Select “Standard Screen Mode” or “Maximize Window” to exit full screen mode.
These steps should help you exit full screen mode in Photoshop.
5. How to open ai file in photoshop?
Adobe Illustrator (AI) files can be opened in Photoshop, but they may not retain their vector format and may be converted to raster images. Here’s how to open an AI file in Photoshop:
- Open Photoshop and go to the “File” menu at the top of the screen.
- Select “Open” from the menu to open the “Open” dialog box.
- Navigate to the location where your AI file is saved.
- Select the AI file you want to open and click “Open”.
- In the “Import PDF” dialog box, choose the options that best fit your needs, such as the page range, resolution, and color mode.
- Click “OK” to import the AI file into Photoshop.
Note that once the AI file is opened in Photoshop, it will be converted to a raster image and you will not be able to edit the vector paths. If you need to edit the vector paths, it’s best to open the AI file in Adobe Illustrator.
- Open Photoshop and open the image you want to add text to.
- Select the “Type Tool” from the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on the location where you want to add the text.
- Type the text you want to add.
- Select the layer with the object you want to wrap the text around.
- Go to the “Layer” menu at the top of the screen and select “Create Clipping Mask”.
- The text will now wrap around the object.
If the object is not the right size or position, you can adjust it by selecting the layer with the object and using the transformation tools to resize or move it.
You can also adjust the text wrap settings by selecting the “Type” layer and going to the “Window” menu at the top of the screen. Select “Properties” to open the Properties panel, and then click on the “Text Wrap” button to adjust the settings for the text wrap.
Note that the text wrap feature is only available in Photoshop CC and later versions.